Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nano Day one

For those that don't know, NaNo is National Novel Writing Month and this will be my eighth year as a participant. The concept is to write at least a 50,000 word novel during the 30 days of November. Yesterday was day one and I pretty much blew it. I have several excuses. I just got home from a weekend away and had laundry to do, but honestly that is not a good excuse because my weekend was at a writers' conference and that motivated me to write.

I have spent the last two months working on my plot and characters but then on Saturday, I changed the whole idea of the book that I was going to write. Not exactly starting from scratch, but almost. I'm writing a sequel to the mystery that I started last year in NaNo month. At least the main character charts are usable from last year.

My daughter and her husband came home for a visit from Mississippi, but again that can't be used as an excuse because they are staying at his parents home and they were only here for about an hour before going there to sleep. They had driven all night to get home.

So, you see I have excuses, but not valid ones. Today, well I'm writing my blog instead of writing on my book, excuse #1. I'm taking my mom to a doctor appointment and then to the hospital for blood work, but I think I will be taking my Alphasmart with me so I can type while waiting.

So, check back here during the month and see my progress, or lack there of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...