Thursday, February 17, 2011

Inspiration

At my writers' group meeting last night, we were supposed to bring a book that inspired us. The books that my follow writers brought were wonderful. I plan on reading a few that were mentioned. When it was my turn to tell what book inspired me, I explained that I thought hard about a book to bring and decided that I don't think I have read a book that I could say inspired me. But, I went on to explain that there was one book that I was very impressed with when I read it. It is Stephen King's biography, On Writing. I really enjoyed reading about his struggles to become published. The funny thing is that I don't even like any of the Stephen King's books. I'm not a horror fan.

As we continued to talk about him, I did mention that there were a few movies I like that were adapted from his books. (Yes Marian, I'm going to say it.) My favorite movie made from one of his books is Secret Window. Of course, the fact that Johnny Depp was in it, didn't hurt matters any. Secret Window is a thriller and I'm happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. I would have never guessed that.

I think I will pull out my DVD to watch tonight and then read On Writing when I go to bed. Sweet dreams.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! I'm going to suggest it for our next writer's meeting.

    ReplyDelete

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...