Friday, October 7, 2011

NaNoWriMo

If you're a writer, or if you've followed my blog for a while, you know what NaNoWriMo means. If not, it stands for National Novel Writing Month and is held every November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. If you're a glutton for punishment, you participate every year. Yep, that's me. I've participated in NaNo every year since 2002. Have I ever won by making it to the 50,000 words. No, I haven't. Do I feel like I have failed every year by not meeting the goal? No, I don't. Why? Because I still accomplished something.

My book, Love, Lies & Deceit was my NaNo project for 2004 and was published in 2009. My next book, Saved by the Sheriff will be released in January 2012 and it was my NaNo book in 2006. Both were started from scratch for NaNo and both times, I completed about six chapters in a month. I consider that a huge beginning. I have a couple more books in the wings that I'm working hard to complete that were past NaNo projects and have high hopes of getting them published, too.

I considered skipping NaNo this year, but realized that so many of my past Novembers have been consumed by NaNo that there is no way I could not take part this year. I have a idea sketched out for a plot and have been doing a little research on the setting and location. I'm going to give it another shot this year and if I don't make it again, that's okay because I know sooner or later, I'll get it finished.

Good luck, fellow NaNoers. I'll be watching your progress.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...