Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sick Day

I'm recuperating at home right now after having emergency surgery over the weekend. I'm fine, but will be away from my day job for several weeks. I thought about how this will give me the opportunity to see what retirement will be like in the future.

After only three days home from the hospital, I have found that if my husband is home with me in retirement, which he likely will be since he's a few years older, I may have to move to my own house. LOL

Currently, he works on weekends and is home during the week. I never thought about this being a problem until this happened. Let me preface this by saying that I love him and he is a wonderful husband, but his and my priorities are a little different. Even though my movements are somewhat restrictive, I try not to impose on him because he has a routine worked out as far as household chores. On Tuesday, I did ask him to wash white clothes because I was running low. He promised he would, but instead did a load of his dark clothes. Today is Thursday and the whites still aren't done.

Monday through Friday, he always cooks supper and has it ready when I get home from work. Tonight, he didn't cook supper at all. But, the one thing that aggravated me the most happened tonight. I was online and ordering an accessory for my laptop and he knew I was in the middle of doing this because I told him. What did he do? He decided at that very time that he needed to work on the router. Needless to say, my online order did not go through.

Now that I have all of that off my chest, I can brag on him. He did not complain when I told him late Saturday night that I needed to go to the emergency room. He did not complain as he waited with me in the ER exam room while I was moaning in pain. He did not complain about making the hour drive each day to the hospital to visit me. And, he did not complain about me having to use the chair he uses when sitting at his ham radios, so I can get up easier.

Husbands are wonderful people, but sometimes, we just have to complain about them.

Carol

3/30/12: I have to correct something above. He told me this morning that he did wash some of the whites, which were still in the dryer. Pass the bowl of crow my way, please.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now, and raring to go for the challenge!
    ------Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...