Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I: Interview with Author Kayelle McClive

Today I welcome author, Kayelle McClive to my blog. Kayelle and I have been friends for a couple years now. We met over the internet and found that we live only about an hour from each other. Last month, we got together and shared a table at an Author's Fair in Madison, Indiana.


Q. Tell us a little about you, what genre do you write and why?

Let's see I am a mom of 5 kiddos, married to my best friend in the world and I am a huge music fan. I write erotica, romance normally in the paranormal genre. I think I like that genre because you can do things you can't with lilly white humans. I can have people kill, maim and be a little more violent and it's accepted because they aren't human. Human morals don't apply to wolves and I like that. We tend to think of right and wrong in black and whites and in the paranormal world it is all shades of gray and we accept that more so than in "real life."


Q. How much research do you do for your books?

For Confederate Moon, a TON! I took a civil war class in college, read books, read articles, researched gun types, when they came into existence as well as where you could get them. I researched the city of Louisville and New Albany as well. I grew up in this area and it wasn't until I started this book that I learned what a rich civil war era history we have here. I do tend to do research though, just so I know what I am talking about (even if I don't it looks like I do.)

Q. Do you write from an outline or do you just sit and let it flow? Can you tell us about your writing schedule?

I usually do a general, very basic outline and then I sit and let it flow. I know things that need to happen and then sometimes the muse strikes and I add things that I hadn't planned before. I have no writing schedule really. I tend to do most of my writing either in the morning or late evening when the kids aren't here. I can concentrate more and don't have people constantly stopping me. I seem to write more and faster between the hours of 10pm and 2 am, pretty odd hours but those are when I really crank out the word count.

Q. What do you do when you're not writing, day job, hobbies, etc?

My husband and I do commercial property inspections as well as photography for a living. I am a huge music fan and love Nickelback and 30 Seconds to Mars. I listen to music at least an hour or more every day and I also love the Tudors. I am just now into Season 2 and I love it! I watch very little television and tend to catch things online after they have been out awhile (see my above fascination with the Tudors 2 years after it ended.)

Q. Would you tell us about your upcoming release and when and where we will be able to find it?

My first full length novel "Confederate Moon" will be available online as well as in some stores locally. I can't pinpoint stores exactly as that is still up in the air. The entire book is going through its second entire rewrite so it's been delayed a little. But it should be available through
Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble online and the like. I am shooting for a late May 2012 release date!

Q. Where can we find you online?

You can find me at www.kayellemcclive.com or on Twitter @klmcclive and on Facebook at kayellemcclive.


Thanks, Kayelle. I appreciate you visiting.
Carol

A to Z April Blog Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Lovely interview.

    Look forward to your challenge run…
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you two! :) What fun, to see two of my favorite ladies in the same place! Kayelle, will your book be in paper, eBook, or both?

    Marian Allen
    Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

    ReplyDelete

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...