Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sisters in Crime Blog Hop

During the month of September, members of the Sisters in Crime writing organization are participating in a blog hop. Below are my answers to a few questions.

1. Which authors have inspired you?
As a romantic suspense author, I have been very inspired by Lisa Gardner. Ms. Gardner is my favorite female writer. Her books are well written and always leave you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what will happen next. I strive to write as well as Ms. Gardner. It's pretty hard to decide which of her books I like the best, but two do come to mind, Alone and Hide. Oh, and I also like The Perfect Husband. Honestly, I have never read a bad Lisa Gardner book and I've just about all of them.

2. What's the best part of the writing process for you? What's the most challenging?
The best part of the writing process for me is when I'm really in "the zone." That's when I'm sitting at my computer typing away on my book and the next thing I know, I look up and I've been writing for hours.
What I find most challenging is dealing with interruptions. For instance, since starting the blog post, my husband has texted me six times. Those types of distractions break up my thought process and I can't get into "the zone" when I am being interrupted.

3. Do you listen to music while writing? What's on your playlist?
Sometimes I listen to music and sometimes I don't. Whether it's music or the television in the background, I have to have some sort of noise around when I write. I cannot write in total silence. Nope, can't do it. My musical tastes are 70's classic rock. My favorites are Boston, Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. However, lately I've gotten hooked on music by the actor, Christian Kane. His music is classified as country, but has a good southern rock sound to it.

Lastly, I'd like to make a recommendation on an author for you to try. J.M. Madden writes romances between 'combat modified' military men and the women who love them. I met J.M. this past weekend at a writers convention and I'm really looking forward to start reading her books. Please stop by her site and give it a look.

Carol

Sisters in Crime Blog Hop
#SinCBlogHop





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...