Monday, November 17, 2014

STRESSED! What to Write?


Yes, I'm a bit stressed and have been for about a month or so. You see, while I am published as a romance writer, I have always wanted to be published as mystery writer. I started writing my first mystery book in 2009. I have about five chapters finished on it. Why only five chapters? Well, my romance writing kept pulling me back. 

I published my first romance in 2009. In 2010, I decided the mystery I had started could be a series. However, that first book would not work as Book 1 in a series, so I started the first in the series in 2010 while also working on a romance that was published in 2011. 

I kept getting ideas for more books in the series before I had even finished the first book. I actually have plot ideas for fourteen books in that series! In 2012, I kept writing romance though because I was in the "groove" writing that. I published three romances in 2013 and for NaNoWriMo in that year, I started on the third book in the mystery series. Whew!

So, here it is nearing the end of 2014 and I'm doing my best to get my most recent romance published, but still wanting to write that mystery series. I even have a publisher picked out to submit it too, if I ever get that first book finished. I did a lot of editing recently on Book 1 and have about five chapters written. Then last month, I hear this little voice in the back of my head saying, "Come back to romance."  I have seven and a half chapters finished on a romance and also the urge to work on another one that is only up to chapter one. Sometimes I wonder if I need some Prozac to relieve my stress.

So, today I am home from my day job due to the snow we had last night and I will be writing. All I need to do is figure out which genre I'm going to work on. Wish me luck.

Carol


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...