Sunday, November 27, 2011

Back to the Writing Business

Thanksgiving is over and it's time to get back to business, the writing business. The thrill of receiving the official cover for my next book has faded, well just a little. I'm still pretty stoked about it. But, it's time to move on.

The night before Thanksgiving, I opened my email to find my editor had sent me the edits to do on my book. What! The night before Thanksgiving, you've got to be kidding. I know that my editor didn't expect me to sit down right then and start.

So, now that the holiday is over, I'm ready to start my edits. I purposely didn't open the file because I didn't want to see how bad they were going to be. Of course, it could have been good, too. Maybe I won't have many edits to do and maybe the editor and I will have agreed on many of the things I put in the book. I don't know, because I haven't opened the file yet, but I will today.

Preparation includes getting chocolate and soda or tea next to the computer. Thank goodness we're having leftover for dinner tonight, so there's no planning involved in that. And, if I know my local TV station, they won't broadcast the Colts games since they're losing, so I can edit right through the game.

Wish me luck.
Carol

1 comment:

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...