Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November - National Novel Writing Month

I've gone and done it again. Yes, I am participating again in National Novel Writing Month, better known as NaNoWriMo. The concept is to write a 50,000 word draft of a novel in 30 days. Most participates stress themselves crazy during the month. Others just breeze through those 50,000 words. I'm sort of in between. I know from the start that I probably won't make it to the 50,000 words before the end of November. I've taken part in NaNoWriMo since 2002 and I have never made it to the 50,000 words. However, I have some made some great starts to books by doing this.

So, how am I doing this year? Today is November 16 and it's the first day this month that I have not written anything on my novel. But, the night is still young and I might get a few words in before going to bed, just so I won't have a wordless day. I'm at 11,709 words. Where I should be, if I had remained on schedule, is at 26,672 words.

Why am I so far behind? Well, I have a full time day job and, other than writing for about 45 minutes over my lunch hour, I don't sit down to write at night until about 7:00 pm. Today, I had to work over my lunch hour and got home from work late since I had to work in a field office today. I was exhausted by the time I got home. So, tonight's writing may only consist of this blog post.

Good luck to my NaNo buddies. I'll be watching those word counts on your pages.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...