Wednesday, July 12, 2017

National Pecan Pie Day



It's National Pecan Pie Day! If I weren't on a diet, I'd make one of these myself, but I must be good on my diet.


However, if you love Pecan Pie, I've shared my mom's recipe below. Enjoy.



Pecan Pie
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter or margarine
1 C. light corn syrup
1/2 t. salt
3 eggs
1 C. chopped pecans
Cream sugar and butter; add syrup and salt. Mix well. Beat in one egg at a time. Add pecans. Pour mixture into an unbaked pie crust. Bake at 350ยบ for 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Pie Crust
1 1/2 C. sifted flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 C. shortening
4-5 T. ice cold water
Sift flour and salt together, then cut in shortening with a pastry cutter until pieces are the size of small peas. Add water one tablespoon at a time and combine with a fork. Once mixed, form the dough into a ball. Roll out on a floured surface to make crust. This makes one 9-inch pie crust.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...