1. What was the working and final title of your book?
Luckily, both the working title and the final title of my book were the same.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I started out wanting to write a story about how the different social classes can interact with each other.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
A Kitchen Affair falls would be classified as a Sweet Contemporary Romance.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
As I was writing it, I kept thinking of Patrick Dempsey for the hero, but never really thought of anyone in particular for the heroine.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
How about two sentences? Take one personal chef, add one handsome millionaire bachelor and mix well. Simmer together for three dinner parties and see what cooks up.
6. Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?
to follow in a couple months.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I actually started this one as my National Novel Writing Month project in November 2007. After that month, I let it set and went back to it periodically while I was working on some otherbooks. I started back on it this past summer and finished it in August.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I really have no idea.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I work in social services, so the different social classes interested me.
10.What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
My other two book were romantic suspense and although this one is a contemporary romance, there is just a little mystery thrown in.
A Kitchen Affair will be out on or around January 8, 2013. Check back here for updates and