Saturday, June 22, 2013

Photography

Recently, I have rekindled my interest in photography. It probably has to do with the fact that I bought a new camera about a month ago. I can't believe how many buttons and settings it has on it. But, it's been fun learning how to take photo again. My favorite type of photography is nature photography. Below is a shot I was able to take this past week of a mother deer and her fawn. She actually had twin fawns, but the other was just out of the shot on the left. They were in our front yard and I had to take the picture through our window.


Another favorite subject are my cats. I can almost always count on them to be out and ready for a picture. This one I caught when I saw our tom cat stalking a rabbit a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe I was able to get as close as I did. Fortunately for the rabbit, our cat didn't get his prey.






Lastly, weather pictures are also fun to take, as long as you can do it safely. I was driving home the other day and watched the thunderhead in the photo below grow and grow. I kept looking for a good spot to take a picture of it when I got to the lake close to home. I stopped at a picnic area and got this picture. Unfortunately, I didn't have my new camera with me and used my point and shoot camera, but I think it came out pretty good anyway.



I have lots more ideas for photo subjects and periodically will post some of my pictures here. If you're interested in following me more often. I participate in a project where you are supposed to take a photo everyday. I did this for a while last year before taking a break from it, but I've started up again. I don't always get a photo everyday, but I try. You can find my photo page at the 365Project. You can view the photos in a larger format on there.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...