Sunday, September 19, 2010

My visit to the bookstore

My mom, my brother, and I made a trip to a Barnes & Noble bookstore yesterday. I think this was my first visit to this particular store, although my mom swears we had been there before. The store is in a town that is about a 90 minute drive from my house, so it's not a drive we make very often. The bookstore I normally frequent is Borders and a little closer drive. I know where everything is in that store, which is probably why I didn't really like the B&N store.

First, it was huge, two floors and we couldn't find the books we were looking for. After asking someone for help, we finally figured out most of the fiction books were on the second floor, and non-fiction on the first floor, except for the bargain books that were on tables on the first floor. I love bargain books.

The other thing I didn't like about the store is the smell of coffee throughout the whole store. No, not a bad smell. It was wonderful, kind of like right now because I have a pot brewing in the kitchen. I would have loved to have sat in their cafe, drink some coffee, and just absorb the ambiance. But, we were planning on having lunch, so we bought our books and headed out. I did get a Nevada Barr book and a James Patterson book.

Next time, I hope my mom gets a Borders gift card for her birthday.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind a bookstore being huge--the more, the merrier--but I do want the booksellers to know every inch of it. My favorite bookstore is The Book Box, the Friends of Harrison County Library's used book store. Sometimes I dig something good out of the FREE pile--now, that's a bargain! ;)

    Marian Allen

    ReplyDelete

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...