I decided to take a look at the goals that I made last December and found that I completed some and didn't even get close to others. Here they are and how I did:
1. Lose weight (again) I succeeded with this goal and lost ten pounds, but I've gained five back.
2. Complete at least one new book and maybe two Big fail here, I finished the book I was working on and signed a contract for it. It will be out next month in both print and e-book. I started a new book, but am only on chapter 5.
3. Find a new day job (this one is leaving me no extra time) I'm happy to report that I did find a new day job. It's actually the job I was transferred from. They wanted me back.
4. Clean off our bookshelves and donate our old books to the local book swap We made several trips to the book swap, both taking and bringing home new books for us. But, our shelves are still overloaded.
5. Fill up said bookshelf with new books See answer for #4.
6. Go somewhere on vacation instead of just staying home for a week We did go somewhere camping on our vacation, and even in the rain, we had a great time.
7. Attend one or two writers' conferences I made it to one convention and that's where I met my new publisher.
8. Try my hand at writing a couple short stories Another success, I wrote a couple short stories for my monthly writing exercises with my local writers group and also wrote one that I submitted to an anthology. It's still under consideration, but I'm not holding my breath.
I haven't some up with any goals for 2012 yet. After writing non-stop during nanowrimo in November and then edits on my novel earlier this month, I'm considering myself on vacation from writing for a few weeks. Check back later for an update.
I hope all of you have a great holiday season. Merry Christmas.