Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Mill River Recluse: A Review

The Mill River RecluseThe Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I originally bought this book to read because the author used to live near my area. I know where the house on the cover of the book is located. When I started reading the book, the first chapter interested me in that it gave a little information about all of the main characters. Chapter two was a flashback, chapter three back to present day and so on. I really didn't think I was going to like the flashbacks so often, but as I kept reading, I found that I really liked it.

Ms. Chan's development of the characters drew me in and personalized it for me even more. By the end of the book, I cried tears of joy for the townspeople.

Fantastic book that started slow, but hooked me right in. I highly recommend it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Booksiginng

Save the date - On March 30, at From the Ground Up Books, Main Street, LeGrange, Kentucky, I, along with two of my sisters from the Derby R...