Thursday, November 14, 2019

Rose Machario




Today, I am hosting Rose Marie Machario, who is the creator and hostess of Dream Big, a show all about real people who are making their dreams come true.

When Rose is not inspiring others to follow their dreams, she is a nationally and internationally published pinup model, and a blossoming actress having worked in several featured, or principal roles. She has been seen in various television shows such as Ozark, The Originals, Nashville, Homicide Hunter, Killer Couples, Murder Chose Me, Murder Comes to Town, Snapped, #Murder, Justice by Any Means, Notorious, Fatal Attraction, Murder Mystery, Murder Decoded, and American Nightmare. Her movie credits include Tag, Super Fly, The Road Less Traveled, and The Last Movie Star.


Rose is also a published author of her debut fantasy novel, The Amulet of Elements. She also writes in the romance, and horror genres, and her column called Dream Big.

In her spare time, she enjoys a daily routine of yoga, loves to cook, and cuddling up with her fur-babies while watching her favorite television shows, and movies.

She has graciously taken time to answer some questions to learn more about her.


        How long have you been writing? Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

RMM: I have been writing since I was 12. I loved to read, I began as early as five years old. I think being an angry pre-teen helped with encouraging the writing bug, so I started writing poetry to get my feelings out.

      Looking back, is there anything you’d change about your first published book?

RMM: I honestly wouldn’t change a thing.

      What or who has influenced your writing?

RMM: Life has inspired the majority of my words, but living has influenced the writing.

        Where do you get your ideas?

RMM: Dreams mostly. Sometimes music. Definitely what I day dream about.

      What hinders your writing? (distractions? noise?)

RMM: Noise definitely. I have to have quiet. Sometimes the noise in my head distracts me, or what is going on in my life. It’s always a mental block. Not about my ability, but more so if I’m having a bad day, or week emotionally.

      What genre are you most comfortable with? Is there a genre you'd like to explore writing in?

RMM: I love fantasy, and everything about it, I am actually comfortable in writing most anything as far as genres goes. If I could explore a new genre it would be a mystery of some kind.

      Are you by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you plot an outline to keep yourself on track?

RMM: I am a hurry up and write down my ideas type of person, but when it’s time to really start writing I am a very structured planner. I am definitely an outline junkie.

      Do you incorporate some of yourself into your characters? Personality traits? Likes? Dislikes?

RMM: Yes I do. I have so many different aspects of myself that I couldn’t help but place myself in all of the characters. To include what I like or don’t like. Depending on the character I suppose.

      What genre of books do you like to read? What are you reading now?

RMM: I am all over the place when it comes to reading. It’s easier to say that I don’t care for futuristic sci-fi, dystopian genres. Right now I have a bookmark in Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Galbaldon.

      Can you tell us a little about your writing schedule?

RMM: I am a morning writer. I have a set routine of yoga, breakfast, tea, social media posting, and then writing. I save the fun part for last.

       Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

RMM: Script writing has been the only challenge so far.

      Do you have any suggestions/comments for prospective authors?

RMM: Yes, I can list three things off the top of my head. First, if you have a story in your head write it down. Second, you are never an aspiring author-if you have written something you’re automatically a writer/author. Third, never listen to the advice about if your first work isn’t getting picked up, write something else. I think it was the dumbest thing that I had ever listened to and it made me full of self doubt. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to what you’ve written. When it comes to agents, publishing houses, and editors, or even beta readers, their opinions are very subjective when it will comes  to your manuscript. What I believe matters is that you love it. I mean when you read it you never miss a moment, or pass or skip a scene. You laugh, cry, love your protagonist, and hate the villain. In the end it is your option that matters, just don’t be cocky, and know that your feelings will get hurt, rejections will happen, but no matter what, don’t ever quit trying to get your work published in the way you see fit.

      What else are you working on right now?

RMM: I am editing book three of my series The Majick of the Chosen Ones.
  
      Tell us about your current book:

RMM: The Amulet of Elements is the first book in The Majick of the Chosen Ones series. It is about a princess who discovers her destiny is to find a magical Amulet, before an evil shapeshifting wizard who is hell bent on starting the war of Ragnarok, and proclaiming himself a god,  finds it.

Thank you, Rose for visiting with us today.
Carol



Book Synopsis for The Amulet of Elements: Princess Ellyria Rose found her special places in the books she read. Imagining herself in far off lands, she would dream of the knight who might rescue her one day from her dull, everyday life of needlepoint and lessons on becoming a lady.
Princess Ellyria Rose yearned for adventure and on her sixteenth birthday she got her wish, being rescued by the man of her dreams. Little did she know that would prove to be an adventure she did not expect to have.
Betrayed by the very man whom Princess Ellyria trusted, and left at the mercy of her father’s enemy, she had to use her wits to escape; along with the help of the very man who led her astray in the beginning.
Danger unfolds time and again, revealing an ancient story about a princess and a prophecy.
 

Author Links:



Links for The Amulet of Elements:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...