Friday, July 26, 2024

Imaginarium 2024 Report

 

 

This past weekend, the Imaginarium Convention for creatives was held. Hundreds of authors, filmmakers, gamers, and artists attended. I, along with my Sisters-in-Crime chapter, the Derby Rotten Scoundrels (above) also attended.



My fellow sisters and I had a wonderful, if not exhausting time. Yesterday was the first day afterward that I felt human again. Conventions are like that, exhilarating, exhausting, but fun. I saw a lot of online friends that I only get to see in person at this convention each year. I met some new people that I'm sure will be friends soon. Oh, and I sold some books. 📚


 One particular person that I enjoyed meeting was television and movie actor, Bill Oberst, Jr. (above on the right). Look him up, he's a big deal in horror films and appeared on the TV show, Criminal Minds. I think he stopped by our table everyday to chat with us. He's a very nice gentleman and was truly interested in what we did.

The best thing to happen to me was that I won first place with my screenplay, Summer Darkness in the Short Format category at the Awards Banquet on Saturday night. 🏆


 This was a total shock for me because there were so many other screenwriters nominated that are much more talented that I am. I had no acceptance speech prepared because I didn't think I would win. Afterward, I did do a little celebrating.


 


It was a wonderful weekend and I look forward to going again next year.

Carol






No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall into Books book signing

    I, along with 18 other authors, will be at the Jeffersonville, Indiana Library on October 18, 2024 for their Fall into Books event. I...