Monday, June 24, 2024

Murder in Mystic Hollow Release Day

Washington Irving's short story, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow has always been one of my favorite reads. Apparently, I'm not alone in that because if you check the IMDB.com page, you'll find a seemingly endless list of various movies, television shows, and even animation devoted to the story. My favorite movie is Sleepy Hollow, starting Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci. However, I think my all-time favorite version is the television show, Sleepy Hollow (2013-1017). This series starred Tom Mison as Icabod Crane. He does a wonderful job portraying a Revolutionary era time traveler. If you have not listened to the audio book of Tom Mison reading Washington Irving's story, you are missing out on a great listen. It's so good.

As you can see, I'm a fan. So much so, that I decided to write the fourth book in my Nathan Perry Mystery series loosely based on it. I'm excited to announce that today is the release day for Murder in Mystic Hollow.

Murder in Mystic Hollow is a modern-day retelling of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. If you read closely, you can see elements of Washington Irving's original short story. You'll find it has all the characters you loved from the first three Nathan Perry books. You'll also meet newly hired librarian, Isaac Caine, who comes to Mystic for a new start and ends up falling for the lovely Katina Van Allen. When Isaac finds a dead body at the bottom of his staircase, his world is turned upside down, and Detective Nathan Perry is called upon to find the killer.

 So many people are on the list of suspects that Nathan becomes frustrated at not being able to sort it all out. Throw in a thirty-five-year-old bank robbery cold case, not to mention the mysterious motorcycle rider that keeps taunting Isaac, and the officers from the Mystic Police Department have their hands full. It all comes down to Nathan figuring out, “who done it.”

You can find Murder in Mystic Hollow in Kindle and print formats at Amazon, https://amzn.to/4cw9QSW More buy links for online stores will be added later.

I hope you enjoy the book. It was so much fun to write. Thank you.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall into Books book signing

    I, along with 18 other authors, will be at the Jeffersonville, Indiana Library on October 18, 2024 for their Fall into Books event. I...