Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pain in the Back

Have you ever had a pain in the back? No, not that kind of pain in the back, but real back pain. That's what I've been experiencing for the last couple of days, excruciating lower back pain. I'm starting on medication today, so for any of my Facebook and Twitter friends, I may not be online much this weekend.

It's amazing the things we'll do when in pain. We received our tax refund this week, so I just had to go get a Kindle Fire yesterday, pain or no pain. Any other time and I would have stayed at home alternating ice and heat on my back. Which actually may be a good thing because I can so a lot of things with it while sitting on the couch today.

I'll also be dragging my laptop to the couch, but from what I understand sitting for long periods of time is not good for your back. I'm working on my posture, which is supposed to help. We'll see how it goes. It's been a long time since I've have back pain like this.

They say massage helps. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get my cat to massage my back.


Carol

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I've had quite a bit of experience with back pain. :( Chiropractic, an orthopedic pillow and very simple Yoga made it all better. :)

    Marian Allen
    Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marian. Funny thing is that I just got a beginner yoga DVD to help loosen my joints, but now my back hurts too much to do it. I hate getting old.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear old granny always said it beats the alternative!

    ReplyDelete

An Interview with E.M. Munsch

Today, I welcome author E.M. Munsch for some questions, answers, and maybe a little hot tea.. Elaine writes the Dash Hammond series and her ...