Monday, June 13, 2011

Public Service Announcement

When you are driving down the highway and you see an ambulance behind you with lights and siren on, pull over into the emergency lane and let the ambulance pass.

As I was driving into the city this morning on the interstate, traffic was really heavy, practically bumper-to-bumper. I then heard the siren. Looking in my rear view mirror, I finally saw an ambulance coming up behind me in traffic. I was in the left lane because my exit on the left side was coming up. I, along with the other cars in my lane, pulled over to let the ambulance pass. However, I was absolutely amazed to see, after it had passed me, that traffic in the right lane just kept on going. No one in the right lane pulled over until the ambulance passed. Come on people, no matter what lane you are in, if an ambulance approaches from behind, pull the heck over.

Okay, so I'm off of my soap-box now. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...