Sunday, March 18, 2012

Booksigning success

Yesterday was my first booksigning for my current book, Saved by the Sheriff and I am calling it a big success. I was one of thirty-plus authors that participated in the 2nd Annual Author's Fair at That Book Place in Madison, Indiana.

On the left is me sitting at my table at the beginning of the day. I had free gift bags for everyone that contained a bottle of hand sanitizer, lip balm, a book light, and one of my postcards. At the end of the day, all of the gift bags were gone. I also had bookmarks and cards that many people picked up. In the blue bowl was peppermint candy. I also participated on the panel during an hour long discussion on mystery writing. I'm happy to say that I sold several books and it's my understanding that the authors in attendance sold a total of over 100 copies of their books. That is outstanding.

Sharing the table with me was fellow author and friend, Kayelle McClive, also from Indiana. Kayelle's book, Confederate Moon is tentatively scheduled for a May 2012 release.

Also, in attendance were the Southern Indiana Writers. A great group of wonderful writers that I am honored to call friends. They had their anthologies for sale and greeted everyone that visited their tent.

The owner of the That Book Place, Frank Hall and his family were terrific hosts. They constantly checked with everyone to make sure we had what we needed, including water, food, and sunscreen. Oh, and the food, what a wonderful job they did by having enough snacks and drinks to keep us hydrated and full.

I had such a great time at the Author's Fair. I met lots of wonderful people, saw a few old friends that stopped by to see me and buy a book, and the weather was perfect. As Kayelle said, "It was awesome." I can't wait until next year.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wonderful Day of Booksigning

My Derby Rotten Scoundrel sisters, Patience Martin, holding Max, Jeanette Pope, Elaine Munsch, and myself had a wonderful time at From the G...